While I agree with your assessment, you have to consider that a serious
cyber attack could (and probably would) include multiple vectors and have
multiple delivery mechanisms.  We can't just blame the guy with a 10 year
old Windows XP machine with no firewall.

One thing Stuxnet taught us is that machines that AREN'T connected to the
Internet can be successfully attacked by using spearphishing and different
delivery mechanisms.  Stuxnet is considered by some to not even be very
advanced.  God help us if we get something really advanced created and aimed
at us!

Chris