Have you tried flashing your Linksys router with DD-WRT firmware?  DD-WRT
is better than almost any factory router interface I've used.  I've flashed
dozens of routers with DD-WRT over the years.  It's fairly simple and may
give your existing router much better functionality and security (WPA,
instead of WEP, for starters...)

Chris

Chris