Off-topic:
For a moment it brought back memories: I used WYSE 50 terminals (
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WYSE-50-Terminal-/111137359834?pt=US_Thin_Clients&hash=item19e04d87da)
at the Budapest University of Technology. That is somewhat strange since
I'm just 35 years old.

Csaba


On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 4:44 AM, Mark J. Bailey <[email protected]> wrote:

>
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/WYSE-T50-Thin-Client-909563-01L-1G-Flash-1G-Ram-Gigabit-ethernet-/221258656004?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123
> ****
>
> ** **
>
> I have picked up a few of these and they are in fact new/unused (at least
> the ones I got), though at this price and free shipping, you might not get
> the crappy Wyse keyboard. My second order of two more came without the
> keyboards, packaged in a Fedex box (probably to reduce shipping weight
> since it was free shipping). I didn’t care for the yesteryear keyboard
> anyways, and am using a wifi/wireless Logitech MK360 and MK520 that connect
> with a USB micro-thumb dongle, and they work great. Mine shipped
> Internation Fedex Ground from Malaysia and took about 4 business days to
> get here. If you get an original sealed Wyse box (like my original one
> did), it will probably also include a Chinese/Australian “Type I” power
> cord, but you can pick up a cheap US “Type B” power cord for it for dirt
> cheap:****
>
> ** **
>
>
> http://www.cablewholesale.com/products/power-products/power-cords/product-10w1-15206.php
> ****
>
> ** **
>
> These are embedded Ubuntu Linux (10.10 I think) units. As ‘admin’, you can
> get to root no problem and even change the apt-get sources to pull in
> mainstream packages. I pulled in telnet, but it comes with ssh by default.
> You can download latest firmware free from Dell. ****
>
> ** **
>
> http://www.wyse.com/products/cloud-clients/thin-clients/T50****
>
> ** **
>
> I got mine at $60/each. These units are small enough and come with
> mounting brackets for the wall and/or the back of the monitor. While these
> are Dec 2011 manufacture date, this T50 is still sold by Dell for around
> $275. These are not the wifi models, btw. For what it is, a thin client, so
> far I have been fairly impressed. The T50 (like anything) has some issues,
> but Wyse does seem to be trying to iron them out with ongoing firmware
> releases. ****
>
> ** **
>
> Of course, YMMV, but I thought I would share.****
>
> ** **
>
> Mark****
>
> ________________________________________________________ ****
>
> Mark J. Bailey        Jobsoft Design & Development, Inc. ****
>
> 104 Arlington Place, Suite 100        Franklin, TN 37064 ****
>
> EMAIL: [email protected]      WEB: http://www.jobsoft.com/ ****
>
> VOICE:(615)904-9559 FAX:(615)904-9576 CELL:(615)308-9099 ****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> --
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "NLUG" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected]
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/nlug-talk?hl=en
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "NLUG" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>
>
>

-- 
-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NLUG" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nlug-talk?hl=en

--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NLUG" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Reply via email to