If it fails, you may need to install xauth on your openSUSE host.
Also, I've been using ssh -XC to enable X and enable compression -
helps with slow links.
On 8/8/13 9:29 AM, Chuck Payne wrote:
Paul,
Fist what version of openSUSE are you are running? Second what you
using to connect, you know you send vnc, but is it Tigh, Tiger, Ultra.
Are you going from a Linux box to Linux box, or some other os?
Why not use ssh and X forwarding. I alot last of pain to deal with than vnc.
ssh -Y -C youruser@yourhost /sbin/YaST2
I have created alias to the boxes that manager.
Are you using the remote access that is set up within YaST, or you
using vncserver to set up you vnc session?
On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 8:46 AM, Paul Boniol <[email protected]> wrote:
I have been setting up a new openSUSE box. Everything so far has been
working fine except when I tried to run Yast (SUSE graphical configuration
program) under VNC.
It just has the background color displayed. I can point to things in the
window, the cursor changes (e.g. resize a pane cursor). I can blindly click
on things, and have yet more grey windows pop up.
Running Yast on the console works fine. I'm running VNC with 16-bit color.
I've run several other applications, and nothing else has acted like this.
Any thoughts on what could cause such weird window appearance just in Yast?
--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"NLUG" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/nlug-talk?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"NLUG" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
--
Drew from Zhrodague
kitchen biochemical warfare
[email protected]
--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"NLUG" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/nlug-talk?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "NLUG" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.