Something told me to leave well enough alone but I didn't listen. lol  And
my Google foo isn't finding anything helpful on this.

I updated openSUSE 12.3 to 13.1.  Almost everything works perfectly...
Except vnc (tightvnc), when running KDE, seems to ignore the specified
geometry (seems fixed size, larger than my current screen).  Running twm it
uses the specified geometry.  So it appears to be a KDE issue.(?)  I've
tried several things, nothing seems to change the results.

/usr/bin/vncserver -depth 16 -geometry 800x600 -localhost

.vnc/xstartup contents:
#!/bin/sh

xrdb $HOME/.Xresources
xsetroot -solid grey
xterm -geometry 80x24+10+10 -ls -title "$VNCDESKTOP Desktop" &
#twm &
startkde &

If nothing else, I can run twm... but KDE would be preferable.  (Also, even
under 12.3 I wasn't been able to get Gnome session to run for some reason.
 But haven't spent much time on it either.)

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks!
Paul

-- 
-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NLUG" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nlug-talk?hl=en

--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NLUG" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Reply via email to