Hello NLUG,
I designed a database on Lotus Approach back in '98 to run on a single
computer (off the internet for security) and it has worked for 17 years but
(IBM) Lotus stopped updating the app with 32 bit WinXP.

We're continuing to use it, but (DOES IT STOP HERE?) now we need to add a
2nd machine with the database synced  on both machines across VPN / WAN.
-- IS THAT WHAT A LAMP STACK IS FOR?  I believe the short answer is yes.

I feel like a 4yr old who knows how to call 911.  Am I barking up the right
tree?  Can those of you more knowledgeable than I point me in the right
direction of where a responsible adult can get us squared away?

Jerry P. from NLUG is showing us the ropes of his LAMP stack app that he
has fine tuned.  (Together with a VPN) I believe a LAMP stack "should" meet
a lot of the need, but at 4 years old I shouldn't be making these kinds of
decisions.  All I can say is I read about it.

Please advise,  Dankeschoen,
 Michael