Actually, It wouldn't supprise me it the Tesla Model 3 didn't have
'downward cameras' to allow continuously taking pictures of the road
to do this automagically 'in a future software relase'. <grin/groan>

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 7:51 PM, Greg Donald <gdon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Waze has pothole detection and reporting already and they say they are
> working towards reporting the data to local governments.  The problem
> is there are a lot of local governments and most don't have anything
> like web APIs to automate the reporting.
>
> Maybe a shame app to list the counties by pothole count.
>
> A Cadillac will probably report less potholes than a Camry so it would
> for sure need user confirmation and manual reporting in there.
>
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 7:08 PM Jack Coats <j...@coats.org> wrote:
>>
>> OK, here is a 'free' idea (I want to use it)... build an app that will
>> detect the GPS location of the chugholes you hit as you drive.
>> My thought is there should also be a 'chughole button', to report one
>> you didn't hit.
>>
>> In TN, TDOT and my county (Cheatham) have places to report chugholes
>> so they can be fixed.
>>
>> If it could take a picture of the hole (or one before or after the
>> car) to allow help in reporting as an option and double checking
>> would be nice.
>>
>> Possibly just recording all this, till you could review it while not
>> driving (or on your 'puter) before officially reporting would be good
>> too.
>>
>> ... Just a thought.  Keep us in mind when you make your windfall and
>> support NLUG (beer and pizza are always apprecited) <grin>
>>
>> If you decide to do it, I would like to help test it.
>>
>> --
>> ><> ... Jack
>

> --
> Greg Donald

><> ... Jack

If you are not paying for something, you are not a consumer, you are
the product. - Chamath Palihapitiya

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I
learn." - Ben Franklin