Dave,

Have you tried using the minimized option for the R system command?
Or if that doesnt work you could try calling system with a command like this: "start /min nonmembatch.bat"

See http://www.computerhope.com/starthlp.htm for details of the DOS start command.

Nick

David H Salinger wrote:
Hi All,

I am using R to simulate protocol decision making and repeatedly call NONMEM -
via a system call - to perform the simulation.  The problem with this is that
every time the system call is executed, the dos window pops up and cursor
control is taken from whatever else that I am working on - beyond annoying!  I
am using Windows.  Does anyone know how to prevent this?

I saw in the archives that Mark Sale (I believe) asked this question many years
ago, but it did not appear that a satisfactory answer was returned.

Thanks in advance,
Dave

--
Nick Holford, Dept Pharmacology & Clinical Pharmacology
University of Auckland, 85 Park Rd, Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New Zealand