Feng,
  I don't really understand what you're trying to do , but, it might be helpful to note that you are not required to use the compartment prediction in the
Y =
statement
For example, if you have
$DES
 DADT(1) = ....
 DADT(2) = ....
 DADT(3) = ...

it is permitted to have
$ERROR
Y = A(1)/6 + LOG(A(2)) + A(3)/S3 + EPS(1)

without using F (which comes from a specific compartment).
So, you may be able to construct the data file/model such that it doesn't matter which compartment the observation is assigned to.

In NMVI, there is a new syntax for initializing compartments

IF(A_0FLG.EQ.1) then
   A_0(2) = 1
END IF
would this help with initializing the compartments?

WRT your second question, I can't say that I really understand, but you can set up your own common as verbatim code and put whatever you want in it.

$DES
"    FIRST
"    COMMON /MYVARS/  VAL1, VAL2, VAL3
"    VAL1 = THETA(1)
"    VAL2 = A(1)
TVAL1 = VAL1
TVAL2 = VAL2

DADT(1) = ...
.
.
.

but, always be aware of the limits of verbatim code, NMTRAN does not look at it, and will not properly take the derivative of any _expression_ inside.

If you're want DOUBLE PRECISION numbers, you can just let NMTRAN generate the declarations for you, otherwise it gets a little more complicated.

you can put whatever you want into it, it will be save between calls to DES, and it available in $PK and $ERROR (you'll need to put in the same COMMON statements in $PK or $ERROR).

Mark Sale MD
Next Level Solutions, LLC
www.NextLevelSolns.com
919-846-9185