From: owner-nmus...@globomaxnm.com [mailto:owner-nmus...@globomaxnm.com]
On Behalf Of Nick Holford
Sent: 16 March 2009 14:48
To: nmusers
Subject: Re: [NMusers] 20 variable limit in $INPUT

Look in your NONMEM html\cont.htm.
The CONT data item lets you specify additional input records which can
be continued to allow more than 20 data items.

Here is a description in more detail.
http://www.cognigencorp.com/nonmem/nm/99aug272005.html

I found this by searching with Google for "NONMEM cont data item".

Much better than trying to use the NONMEM archive search which responded

with:

No matches were found for 'cont and data and (item or items)'

andreas.kra...@actelion.com wrote:

> I am looking for a solution to get around the limit of 20 input
> variables in nonmem.
> The message you get with more than 20 variables in $INPUT is this:
>
>   16  $INPUT: NO. OF DATA ITEMS EXCEEDS 20.
> STOP 4 statement executed
>
> I did not find anything in the archives or on the Web. I recall having

> successfully done that in nonmem V, and I think it was about changing
> the value of 20 to another value in a few files.
> My original naive idea was that this was just a single change to the
> SIZES file in nm VI but that seems to not be the case.
>
> To keep the discussion focused, I am not looking for workarounds like
> solutions with concatenated values and an indicator variable.
> For a change I am trying to get the software to adapt to the user's
> needs instead of the usual opposite situation.
>
> Thanks for any pointers.
>
>   Andreas
>
> -----
>
> Andreas Krause, PhD
> Lead Scientist Modeling and Simulation
>
> Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd
> Gewerbestrasse 16
> CH-4123 Allschwil
> Switzerland
> The information of this email and in any file transmitted with it is
strictly confidential and may be legally privileged.
> It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended
recipient, any copying, distribution or any other use of this email is
prohibited and may be unlawful. In such case, you should please notify
the sender immediately and destroy this email.
> The content of this email is not legally binding unless confirmed by
letter.
authorised to state them to be the views of the sender's company. For
further information about Actelion please see our website at
http://www.actelion.com

--
Nick Holford, Dept Pharmacology & Clinical Pharmacology
University of Auckland, 85 Park Rd, Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New