Quick Personal Evaluation of Cha-Ching, particularly as opposed to
MoneyWell:

Disclaimer: only played with cha-ching for a little while this
afternoon, while I've been using MoneyWell for weeks.

Strengths:
iCal support for scheduled transactions [edit: unable to get this to
work]
Address Book support for payees
Spotlight indexing of transactions
Support for a picture of what you purchased, including iSight to grab
the pictures - cute
Smart folders - rule based transaction views
The quick filters by incoming/outgoing, reconciled/pending, and text
search on the top
Fast way to view all transactions, since you can just click on Master
Vault (or, I assume, any vaults coming over Bonjour)
.Mac backup/restore
Debatable:
Tags vs Categories
Folders for additional transaction organization
Bonjour sharing .. is this actually useful?  The sharing is local
only, if the other person is local, why not just use the same instance
of the app on the same machine?  I guess you could use it to share
your joint checking account between spouses and then track their
personal accounts independently, perhaps
Can have a transaction with no associated account, for things like
wishlists? a bit odd
Treats each transaction more as a specific -purchase-/-item- rather
than actual bank transaction, so there's no split transactions
Can specify a "From" individual, as well as "To"/Payee.  Is that
really necessary?  I'd expect differentiating by account to be
sufficient for things like personal vs business purchases, or
purchases from you vs spouse, no?
Can't create multiple files, it's all one.  Debatable, since the
folders & smart folders would make it easier to manage a large number
of different accounts, plus the bonjour support would let you separate
things between users on the lan
Weaknesses:
Claims to support iCal, but there's no control over the supposed
syncing, and I've yet to see any scheduled transaction in my iCal, at
least with the demo
No report generation
No envelope budgeting (biggest weakness)
No clean reconciliation / balancing interface
Weak completion interface, have to press the down arrow then return to
complete the top entry in the completion dropdown, rather than just
return
No way to see an account's balance with and without the future pending
transactions, or day by day, they're always included in the balance in
the bottom bubble.  There might have been away around the former, if
you could create a smart folder to show just current or just future
transactions, but the date rules in the smart folders can't act
relative to 'today', only to a specific date
Has completion for To/From, but doesn't appear to support transaction
memorization for things like setting category/tag by store
Transfers are completely disconnected, the button just creates a
deposit & a withdrawal transaction
Filtering view by month/year/etc involves more clicks than MoneyWell
(dropdown), and has no graphs on the bottom

Clearly, I'll be sticking with MoneyWell for the conceivable future,
but I was surprised at how much I liked some aspects of the other, so
thought I'd throw it out there for the curious.
--
Chris Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com