On Dec 11, 2008, at 8:24 AM, kmacstuf wrote:

> I have acquiesced on the collapsible buckets idea, but I ran into
> something today that seems to contradict your position on that, and
> that is "hidden buckets".
>
> It seems that from the forums that hidden accounts and hidden buckets
> are to allow you to "retire" an account or bucket that is no longer
> needed.  All well and good, but when I hide a bucket, I can still
> assign transactions to it.  That seems counter-intuitive and just as
> dangerous as your rationale for no collapsible buckets where you said
> stubborn about it because I found the risk of having hidden numbers
> more dangerous than the visual benefit of a collapsed buckets list."
>
> Anyway, I'm not trying to pick a fight, but is there a reason for
> allowing transactions to be assigned to a hidden bucket?
>
> The same things seem to be true for hidden accounts.
>
> Just wondering what your thinking is on this.  I appreciate it.
> Thanks.

Kevin,

There is always a way to mess up data and causing problems with cash
flow management but I'm trying not to encourage it.

Since you can transfer money from account to account, I can't take the
hidden accounts out of the selection lists because they'd cause some
transfer transactions to show an error for the "from" or "to" account
setting. I had these hidden in the selection pop-ups at first and
found this out the hard way. Thanks.

Peace,

Kevin Hoctor
ke...@nothirst.com