On Jan 5, 2009, at 9:06 AM, Jay wrote:

> OK, I figured out my problem.  I had only set the cash flow start date
> and initial rollover without an "initial deposit" of my current bank
> balance at that time.  I misunderstood the purpose of the initial
> rollover - in fact, I still don't understand what it would be used
> for.
>
> Anyway, it's all fixed now - thanks for your help!

Jay,

Glad it's working for you. We'll have a new video that talks about the
cash flow start date and amount more but to sum it up quickly:

Your Starting Balance transaction controls your account balance based
on your bank statements. This is your banking layer in MoneyWell and
is separate from your cash flow management.

Your Cash Flow Start Date and Amount control your cash flow
management. This is a virtual layer in MoneyWell that allows you to
see how much money you have to spend and in what bucket.

The amount of money you have to spend is probably not the sum of all
your account balances, since most people don't want to spend all their
savings or investments and certainly shouldn't be including the money
available on credit cards. You can change this date and amount at any
time if you feel like you want to start over tracking your cash flow
and it won't affect or hurt your bank statement layer.

Peace,

Kevin Hoctor
ke...@nothirst.com
No Thirst Software LLC