On Jan 5, 2009, at 9:20 PM, odysseus wrote:

>> Yes, user-defined smart buckets are coming in the 2.0 release. That
>> will be later in 2009 because we are working on an iPhone version,
>> MoneyWell Mobile, to sync with MoneyWell for your desktop first.
>
> I hate to be a dissenting voice, but is there a consensus that people
> want MW for iPhone before version 2.0, which presumably will have
> support for investment and retirement accounts? Frankly, I have more
> of a need for version 2 than for an iPhone version of MoneyWell. A lot
> of my Quicken data isn't handled correctly because MW currently
> doesn't support those features.

By a wide majority, more people have requested iPhone support over
investment accounts. You can still do transactional tracking of
investments and retirement accounts, just not the sophisticated stock
price management.

The iPhone version will not delay MoneyWell 2.0 significantly and many
customers still have to move up to Leopard before they can use the 2.0
release.

Peace,

Kevin Hoctor
ke...@nothirst.com