On Feb 13, 2009, at 10:54 AM, Josh wrote:

> unfortunately this doesnt exactly solve my problem. As I mentioned
> above I have 2 buckets with big chunks of money deposited into them in
> January (one from FA disbursement, and another from FA loan). With my
> spending date set to Jan 1, these 2 accounts are flush with money to
> spend, and allocating money draws from this pool. However when I set
> the spending date to Feb 1, it ignores these large deposits in January
> which leaves 0 funds to allocate. I think you're going to tell me
> that's what the "Optionally, you can set a starting cash flow amount
> for a single income bucket...." part of the change spending date
> dialog is for. Prolem is that only lets me specifiy how much spending
> money is supposed to be in ONE of the buckets but not both....

Josh,

Don't worry that you are setting an amount for only one bucket. This
is just a way to "prime the pump." Once you have a total amount that
you want to spend, assign it to one bucket and then you can allocate
it from there. If you want, you can even create a money flow right
away by dragging one income bucket to another to split up the money.

> I suppose I could combine the buckets, then specify the amount, but it
> seems sorta counterintuitive you know. Isnt the point of multiple
> income buckets to keep incomes seperate? Is this the only thing to do?
> combine to a single bucket (at least for now) and specify it's
> starting flow?

The amounts are separate as far as your bank register is concerned but
that has little to do with your cash flow process. Go with the one
bucket on the cash flow start and create a money flow after to give
you a better visual for what is coming from each bucket.

Peace,

Kevin Hoctor
ke...@nothirst.com
No Thirst Software LLC