I am wondering if there are any plans to change the module system of nodejs
to make it able to import modules from a single archive (much like Java's
jar which actually is a zip in disguise).

We are planning on deploying code on a space constrained device and since
our node_module folder is very large, we are looking for ways to reduce its
size. We can of course address this with normal minification, but if a
jar-like archive format were available that would probably also help us a

Any thoughts on this?

    //Jan Flyborg

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse my brevity.

Job board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/
New group rules:
Old group rules:
"nodejs" group.