Can you post the script here and let someone do a code review?

Alternatively, turn off your internet connection and run the script in a
docker container. If it's trying to dial home, don't give it a network path
or access to a filesystem you care about.

Mikkel

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nodejs/3787f735-e406-47b4-9d23-99a1e500e5db%40googlegroups.com.