On 03/12/15 16:59, Jared K. Smith wrote:

So far, this is how far I've made it down the chain:

npm
.npm-registry-client (needs nock)
..nock (needs propagate and needle)
...propagate (1286844)
...needle (needs jschardet)
....jschardet (tests not running, but otherwise packaged)

I still haven't figured out the proper incantation to get the tests to
run in jschardet -- it seems to require qunit (and even bundles an older
copy), but I could use some help figuring out the right way to get the
tests invoked, since it isn't specified in package.json.  My initial
packaging efforts are at
https://jsmith.fedorapeople.org/Packaging/nodejs-jschardet/ and I'll be
submitting this for review (without the tests) if I don't get a response
on this in the next couple of days.

As best I can figure QUnit only works in a browser.

If you load index.html in a browser it will run the tests, but I can't see any obvious way to run it from the command line and it relies on injecting methods into the window object.

So because index.html loads qunit.js before the tests, the module, test and equals functions exist because qunit.js adds them to the window object. Works fine in a browser, but not in node...

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/