also sprach Ben Gamari <bgam...@gmail.com> [2010.02.18.1519 +1300]:
> > So retagging is really just writing a new tree with a modified list
> > of references.
> >
> Certainly, however if you have a large tag (>100,000 messages), this
> list of reference could easily be tens of megabytes. For this reason, it
> seems like the added overhead of nesting trees would be well worth it.

True — iff we find a way to enumerate trees referencing a given
blob or tree so that we can walk up the hierarchy. I could look
right now, but I am about to cross half of the globe tomorrow, so
I have other things I should rather be doing. Sorry.

"men always want to be a woman's first love.
 women have a more subtle instinct:
 what they like is to be a man's last romance."
                                                        -- oscar wilde

spamtraps: madduck.bo...@madduck.net