On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 15:33:30 +0200, "Ciprian Dorin, Craciun"
<ciprian.crac...@gmail.com> wrote:
>     First congratulations for the nice software!

Thanks so much! Welcome to notmuch.

>     So my question is: is this behaviour (of deleting the file and
> creating a new one) deliberate? If not, could it be fixed (I could
> provide a patch) to just update the file in place?

Daniel gave the perfect answer later in the thread. It is intentional to
replace the file with a new, complete version, (to avoid loss/corruption
of the file if "notmuch setup" is interrupted). But we should fix this
to replace the target of any symlinks.

-Carl

--
carl.d.wo...@intel.com