On 11/16/2010 03:37 PM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> On 11/16/2010 03:26 PM, Ciprian Dorin, Craciun wrote:
>>     So in the light of the above quoted "glitches", my question is:
>> due to the small chance of a power loss happening right when we write
>> such a small file, doesn't the inconvenience weight more than the
>> (fairly remote probable) file loss?
>
> What inconvenience?  The inconvenience of writing the code correctly?

Ah sorry -- on re-reading, i see you're probably referring to the
inconvenience of breaking hardlinks, dropping permissions, ACLs and
other metadata.

That's an open question, as far as i'm concerned.  it'd be nice if there
was a way to "clone" a file's permissions and metadata to get the best
of both worlds.  maybe someone knows some tricks to do that?

        --dkg