On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 21:33:54 -0800, Scott Robinson <scott at quadhome.com>
wrote:
> I took an earlier suggestion and didn't use cJSON, instead writing custom code
> for emitting the new format.

Nice! I have a few comments below.

> Added an "--output=(json|text|)" command-line option to both
> notmuch-search and notmuch-show.

I don't know why, but I think I'd prefer --format for the name here.

> In the case of notmuch-show, "--output=json" also implies
> "--entire-thread" as the thread structure is implicit in the emitted
> document tree.

It looks like the new documentation is missing that point, (and the man
page in notmuch.1 is missing an update as well).

> As a coincidence to the implementation, multipart message ID numbers are
> now incremented with each part printed. This changes the previous
> semantics, which were unclear and not necessary related to the actual
> ordering of the message parts.

That's just fine. The old numbering semantics were quite bizarre and
nothing I wanted to set it stone.

-Carl