On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 12:12:09 -0400, David Bremner <bremner at unb.ca> wrote:

>You may have to wrap your "notmuch new" call in a "notmuch save",
>"notmuch restore" pair if you discover things coming back to your inbox.

do you mean "notmuch dump" here instead of "notmuch save"?

> The whole dump-maildirsync-new-restore cycle takes about 30s for me
> check mail, a bit longer if there is actually new mail.

I'm trying to unpack what you are saying here. Are you saying that if
you are getting things coming back into your inbox, and you have not
applied your "lazy restore" patch, then you would need a script to check
your email which does:

notmuch dump > /tmp/notmuch.dump
offlineimap
notmuch new