On Thu, 08 Apr 2010 07:58:47 -0700, Dirk Hohndel <hohndel at infradead.org>
wrote:
> > And as for drafts, they could be easily indexed and managed by the UI if
> > the folder: search term is available.
>
> Hmm - haven't even thought about drafts, yet. How would the UI deal with
> those?

My idea is the following:

Currently for me drafts are stored in ~/.mail/drafts.  If we have
folder: searching, then I can starting indexing my drafts directory and
apply the following post-new filter:

notmuch tag +draft -inbox -unread -- folder:drafts

I'll then make a simple elisp "resume" function that is available for
resuming draft messages, that would be available when viewing messages