Thanks for reviewing the patch!

On Tue, 13 Jul 2021 07:24:43 -0300, David Bremner <da...@tethera.net> wrote:
> David Bremner <da...@tethera.net> writes:
> > I don't know what g_mime_message_get_message_id will return if there is
> > no message-id, but that case can and does arise.

It returns null and the printing function prints out `(null)` IIRC so
it's not a crash (I checked that), but good point nonetheless.

> I expect that would require somehow making the notmuch_database_t object
> available inside the sprinter. We want this for at least one other
> feature request (configurable headers in json / sexpr output), so it's
> not as much of a "waste" of effort as it might seem at first.

That's good to know. I was afraid of making big changes for no reason. I
think I had a version that added a function parameter but thought it's
too ugly and complicated to submit.

> The options are adding extra arguments to functions and stashing a
> copy of the pointer in some struct (perhaps the sprinter struct).

I'll see if I find a good way to do the latter when I have time. Thanks
for the pointers!

Hannu