Hello. I'd like to report an error I'm encountering.

I installed notmuch from the arch repositories. I had previously
installed the notmuch package from the MELPA repository, but have since
uninstalled it and the error persists.

When I try to run notmuch from the emacsclient instance (M-x notmuch
<RET>), I get an error
"notmuch count --batch failed
Please check that the notmuch CLI is new enough to support `count
--batch'. In general we recommend running matching versions of
the CLI and emacs interface."

When I run notmuch from an standalone emacs instance, NOT the emacs
client, the same way (M-x notmuch <RET>), I get no errors and notmuch
works fine.

I read all the documentation. Have I missed something? Why am I
experiencing this behaviour?

Thanks