One additional observation that I just made is that on GK208, the blob
apparently doesn't use the result of S2R Rx, SR_INVOCATION_ID
wholesale in TCS. It either passes it through a I2I.S32.S32 Rx, |Rx|
(i.e. absolute value), or even more paradoxically, shl 2; shr 2; which
removes the top *2* bits, rather than just the top 1. However I see no
such behaviour on GF108.

I'm going to test out tomorrow whether this is the cause of my GK208 woes.