Am 31. Dezember 2015 03:54:43 MEZ, schrieb Karol Herbst
<nouv...@karolherbst.de>:
>> Thomas Martitz <ku...@rockbox.org> hat am 30. Dezember 2015 um 23:53
>> geschrieben:
>>
>> Am 25.12.2015 um 18:43 schrieb Pierre Moreau:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > Maybe my e-mail client is messing with me, but I couldn't find any
>dmesg
>> > output
>> > attached to your e-mail. Could you please try to attach it again?
>> >
>> > By the way, since you have a Kepler, you should try booting with
>> > "nouveau.War00C800_0=1". That workaround is enabled by default in
>4.4-rc5
>> > (IIRC), but that might not be the case on Karol's branch.
>> >
>> > Best regards,
>> > Pierre
>> >

>> I did not find that parameter under /sys/module/nouveau/parameters.
>> Google led me to try nouveau.config=War00C800_0=1 instead.
>>
>> Anyway, I added both to the kernel cmdline. Unfortunately it made no
>> difference. Dota 2 still freezes up the system pretty much
>immediately
>> (when 0f pstate is in use).
>
>well so that means that it doesn't freeze when not using 0f?

That's right.

>I suspect that nouveau currently just sets the voltage too low, but
>this is
>another issue
>and this issue will be tackled next year.
>
>You could replace info.min with info.max in
>drm/nouveau/nvkm/subdev/volt/base.c:nvkm_volt_map
>but this will result in more heat generated by your gpu and nouveau
>currently
>does not verifies if the
>ovearheating protection is setup sanely (though it should be setup
>already by
>the gpu itself)

What's your recommendation to determine suitable values? I could try the binary
driver under Linux or win10. Under win10 I know some tools (e.g. msi
afterburner). Note that I know next to nothing about the Kepler architecture
itself, just the basic voltage-frequency-temperature interactions.

>Just keep an eye open on sensors while testing this.

What's your recommendation here to continously read temperature data under
nouveau?

Best regards