--
Joe Ocaba

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brett Porter" <br...@apache.org>
To: npanday-dev@incubator.apache.org
Sent: Friday, September 3, 2010 1:15:41 PM
Subject: partcover plugin

Hi,

I've been looking through the partcover plugin that Liit wrote last week.

I noticed that it is using a new dependency:
+    <dependency>
+      <groupId>eu.cedarsoft.utils</groupId>
+      <artifactId>zip</artifactId>
+      <version>1.3</version>
+    </dependency>

However, according to the website, that's under GPLv3 with the classpath
exception. Since it's just for unzipping, can it be replaced with
commons-compress or plexus-archiver?
It was also unclear why it was needed, since I don't see a templates.zip in the
classloader for the plugin - it seems in a later revision this is created
during the build, but couldn't it be possible to just copy the files directly
from the resources?

I think in the example that she was using this was the given dependency, but
yes I guess we could change the dependency for unzipping. I think we can have
it copied directly from the resources.

Not as critical, but I notice that you have to hardcode the locations of the
applications in your POM. Can these be defaulted to names in the PATH? We
should also reuse the tools in dotnet-executable to locate them, which already
exists for nunit-console. In the docs, it isn't clear that ${PartCover.exe}
means they are meant to type in a path instead of literally ${PartCover.exe}.

I think we can take note on the documentation that you need to add it as an
environment variable for the $(PartCover.exe)

Thanks,
Brett

--
Brett Porter