On 20/01/2012, at 7:07 AM, Callixte Cauchois wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 7:40 PM, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> On 13/01/2012, at 5:53 AM, Callixte Cauchois wrote:
>>
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> I am investigating NPanday to see how it can help us solve some of our
>>> runtime dependency issues.
>>> So, I created a new project as advertised in the Quick Start example,
>>> generated the POMs etc. At this stage, it works as advertised.
>>> Then I added a new project to the solution. As it was meant to be a unit
>>> test project, I wanted to add NUnit as a Maven artifact. VS asked me
>>> regenerate the POMs. So first question here: do we have to regenerate all
>>> POMs in a solution everytime we add a new project?
>>
>> No - this should be a one-time task. Did you already have POMs when you
>> opened it in Visual Studio? If so, how did they change after the
>> regeneration?
>>
> The solution POM existed prior to that. When adding a new project, no POM
> file gets created, that's why I have been asked to regenerate them.
> I added for example a <developpers> node and it got removed.

Sorry, I misunderstood your question. You're right, this is currently a
limitation. So there are few feature requests here:
- Generate a POM on adding a project, just for that project
- Ability to generate a POM for just a project, not the whole solution
- Re-generating POMs for a solution should be able sync them, not overwrite
them (somewhat related: NPANDAY-168)

If one or more of those interests you, you can file them in JIRA:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NPANDAY

Thanks,
Brett

--