Yup...I had pre-ordered the B'Day CD on iTunes...it may grow  on me but for
now I'm gonna have to give it a thumbs down...I guess I expected  the rest
of
the record to be more like DeJa Vu....Beyonce' backed with a live
band...sadly
it is not. Aside from  a few songs it's track and  sample laden.  I just
feel
that we've been there done that  with her and  I was looking forward to her
taking Prince's advice and  allowing real musicians to back her.  Also it
starts to all sound alike  after awhile.
Highlights on the album:
-DeJa Vu
-Listen (inspired by her role in Dreamgirls..worth a  listen.  Listen to the

track before it entitled "Encore for the  Fans")
-Get Me Bodied
-Suga Mama
-Ring The Alarm (grew on me)

2nd listen may see growth...we'll see...curious what others  think though.

-Portia

In a message dated 9/7/2006 9:43:51 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,