From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of j7rolthadice
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2007 9:33 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: NPNY: [thebumpsquad] j7's 3121 Review 06/24! Special Guests:
Wendy & Nikka Costa

Http://www.thebumpsquad.com

Http://www.myspace.com/thebumpsquad

Oh my God. Wendy, is the Water Warm Enough?

   Here I was after reading the reviews of last nights show not
looking forward to this one at all.  It was like night and day.  If
I miss anything now, it is because I am in a hurry but will update
it later.

D.J. Rashida was spinning in the Blossom room, which now has a big
Purple 3121 sign which seems engulfed in the curtains behind the
stage.  The screens were all playing the Verizon commercial on a
loop.

Around 12:49 the band starts playing.  This was incredible.  So
incredible in fact, I know the set list will speak volumes 2 u more
so then my words right now;

1. Footprints  (Prince came out towards the end off stage left and
watched and then clapped at the end)
2. Renato solo
3. What A Wonderful World performed by Mike Phillips
4. Somewhere Here On Earth (Entered stage right nice new ballad off
of Planet Earth along with lighting effects of space.)
5. Take Me With U (Full version 1st Hohner, then blue strat)
6. Guitar (This fricken rocked and everyone even in the VIP's
started getting up and Dancing.
7. 7 (short)
8. Come Together (W/ Shelby J. on lead n Prince backing up)
9. Beyonce cover (Will fix later when I remember what it was or
someone posts, Shelby J singing)
10. It's Over (Shelby J)
11. The Long & Winding Road
12. Musicology
13. Give It To Me Baby (Rick James cover)
14. Brick House
15. 77-9311 (hot bass solo)
16. The Jam (Numbers 13-16 were short versions but great jamming)
17.  Play That Funky Music (Sung by Nikka Costa!!!!!!!)
18. Everybody Got Their Something (Duet w/Prince & Nikka Costa
singing in2 same mic.  Nikka bowed 2 Prince several times after this
before leaving the stage.)
19. Get Funky (Maceo Parker Prince goes into crowd and grabs someone
by the hand.  That someone is...
Wendy Melvoin!!!!!!!

Acoustic set W/Wendy Melvoin

20.  Little Red Corvette (It first sounded like Sometimes It Snows
In April but wasn't.  This was amazing, with Prince grabbing Wendy's
hand a few times and them looking at each other.  Prince proclaims
this is Karaoke night with Prince & Wendy.)
21. Raspberry Beret (full version)
22. Elephants & Flowers
23. Girl(!!!!!!! Not the Time Version, but the P & The Revolution B-
side!  Full Version)
24. Who Is He And What Is He To You.
25. Reflection
26. Sometimes It Snows In April.  (At the end of the song, Wendy
stood up and kissed Prince.  Awesome.  Wendy switched acoustic
models several times which was cool.  It was heard to hear her in
the mix but still an incredible performance.  End of Acoustic Set.)

27. Cream (Prince said I am gonna play the hits til I wear you
out.   Full version.)
28. U Got The Look
29. If I Was Ur Girlfriend
30. Pink Cashmere
31. 1 Kiss At A Time (ends with one of Prince's screams.)
32. Black Sweat
33. Kiss
34. Let's Go Crazy
(The chants of We Want More & It Ain't Over fill the place as Prince
is standing above where the fans are in the back and watching the
crowd. Main Show Over.  Started at 12:53 Ended at 2:51)

After show

1. Mike Phillps Intro of the band
2. Pass The Peas
3. Chicken
4. Shake Everything You Got (Prince enters stage thru crowd which
was sitting with his sunglasses in his mouth and in a white suit
grabbing the Hohner.  Less then 5 minutes later ,the entire crowd is
around the stage as the place is just vibing.  At the end he hugs a
guy stage left and goes back to the next song.)
5. Sweet Thing (Shelby J. on vocals and guitar blistering by Prince.
Kills it.)
6. Love Is A Losing Game (Again, great mind blowing guitar solos all
over this Amy Winehouse Cover.)
7. Thank U.....(Sly Stone Cover)
8. More Bounce To The Ounce.
9. Love Rollercoaster (Prince puts his shades on at this point,
smiling and having a great time.  Right side of stage was singing
along with Prince and then had us sing it on stage right, stage left
was having Hollywood, we came 2 rock chants)
10. Tom's Diner (Keyboard part sung by Crowd.)
11. 1999  (Seriously.  1st verse, chorus, 2nd verse, chorus, Party
Chants, and Mommy line.....wow.  this closes the show.)

After jam started at 3:45 and ended at 4:50

I am scrambling on this one and will def have to update sometime
later but at least you all know.

Few side notes.  Prince was wearing white pants and boots and shirt
for the main concert.  At the after show wore a white suit.  During
7, Wendy went to the Sound Board as she heard something that did not
sound right.  It either was the bass too loud or something not
turned up enough but she caught it.

I was so not expecting the show I saw and it completely blew me
away.  London, with Wendy there, you are in for a treat.  There is
something brought to the table when they are both on stage and it is
very visible.  Me never seeing a Revolution show with Prince, this
was something to see.

For those that care; Celebs spotted were Rick Fox, Josie Bisset
(90210 and don't know what since, and Kevin Frazier from ET)

Saw some new faces there which is always nice and I missed the old.
Jesse, if you weren't there, and I hope you were, I kept a spot next
to me bro, so you wouldn't miss this.

Thanks and again, will update and hope I did HotRodGirl and all of u
proud.-j7

npny