From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Lockhart, Daryle [GSM]
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 10:15 AM
To: npny@lists.panix.com
Subject: Re: NPNY: Planet Earth Anyone Buy It?

For those of us who were alive when Prince started, we're all around the
age
where this division of opinion is a good thing.

It's just like how there are still people who go to every Rolling Stones
and
KISS show, knowing that the best days of those bands have long since
passed.
They're going to relive the good old days. The difference with Prince, I
think, is that we all KNOW that he can do better, and there's the
question
of all this genius unreleased stuff he has just sitting around. Do any
of
you who say you like this album believe he can't do any better? This is
dude who sold hundreds of thousands of copies of "Lovesexy", a one track
album. I think "Lovesexy" has more musical depth than Planet Earth, and
if
the only reason why is because "he's older now", then perhaps he's done.
personally hope not, because there isn't exactly any one else out here
challenging  the musical (and corporate) status quo like him.

On the average, it looks like everyone has 3 or 4 songs that they like
from
this album. Compared to entire ALBUMS we've liked from him in the past.
think that says something about  an artist of Prince's caliber. And what
think it says is that he's trying to make hits, which is a bad move.