From: owner-npsos...@lists.uoregon.edu on behalf of Deanne Unruh
Sent: Fri 1/16/2009 9:37 AM
To: npsoserv@lists.uoregon.edu
Subject: Re: [NPSO]: Question from state re incentives

National Post School Outcome Data Community of Practice

Hi all:  Facebook could be used to find youth and to request newer contact
information. As a researcher who has been collecting transition related
information on youth involved in the juvenile justice system after they
leave closed custody, we have found that youth typically don't use e-mail
anymore and are texters or facebook users (or other social networking
sources). Needless to say, we have had great difficulties in keeping in
contact with the youth once they leave closed custody. We have looked into
using Facebook, but unfortunately, have not  figured out a way to use it
that would protect the confidentiality of the youth that would pass by our
Institutional Review Board for Research on Human Subjects. If someone knows
a way...let me know.

Deanne