Below are a couple of examples of GPL3 headers such as we need to attach
to all our source files, In both examples the text is the same, we only
change the comment markers as required for the source language.

These headers should be present in all files proposed for promotion. Is
everyone okay with this?

For C++ or Java files:

/***********************************************
This file is part of the NRTB project (https://launchpad.net/nrtb).

    NRTB is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
    the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
    (at your option) any later version.

    NRTB is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,

    along with NRTB.  If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.

**********************************************/

for make files or others which start comments with "#":

#***********************************************
# This file is part of the NRTB project (https://launchpad.net/nrtb).
#
#    NRTB is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
#    it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published
by
#    the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
#    (at your option) any later version.
#
#    NRTB is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
#    but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
#    MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
#    GNU General Public License for more details.
#
#    You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License