On Monday 10 April 2006 01:14, you wrote:
> I don't think so,
>
> the best way to practice this, is to create a user with low privilages to
> only a subdirectory in FS, an then install NS-2. if it tries to access
> something that it doesn't have permission to, it will let you know,

Thanks for your opinion, my doubts arise by the fact I previously installed
succesfully ns under fedora core 4 (after applying a gcc4 patch) and I had no
problems.
Since I had to upgrade my system, I had to install ns again, but without any
success. So I was afraid something went wrong about the system's stability
(due to tcl/tk packages included in ns-allinone and yet present on the
system). But it seems to be fine, since I think files remain within the
ns-allinone directory if the install process will not procede succesfully.

> yet again, I don't think if it conflicts with anything else, I leave the
> practice / risk to you,

Yes, don't worry :)
I'll search informations about ns installing under fedora 5, hoping all will
go fine.

> Sasan

Thanks a lot.
Best regards.