I don't think so,

the best way to practice this, is to create a user with low privilages to
only a subdirectory in FS, an then install NS-2. if it tries to access
something that it doesn't have permission to, it will let you know,

yet again, I don't think if it conflicts with anything else, I leave the
practice / risk to you,

Sasan