1)First you need to read some books about "linux shell program". Then you will
know  what is the meaning of "#!/bin/sh".
2) That is because your environment variable is not setting properly.
a) you can change your environment variable
The ".bashrc" file is at your home directory

# .bashrc

# User specific aliases and functions

# Source global definitions
if [ -f /etc/bashrc ]; then
. /etc/bashrc
fi

HOME_NS=/usr/local/ns-allinone-2.29
NS_DIR=$HOME_NS/bin

PATH=${PATH}:$NS_DIR:/sbin

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$HOME_NS/otcl-1.11:$HOME_NS/lib

TCL_LIBRARY=$HOME_NS/tcl8.4.11/library

export HOME_NS NS_DIR LD_LIBRARY_PATH TCL_LIBRARY

b) if you do not want to change your environment variable ,you can use
"./yourns2path/ns"  instead of  "ns"