How need to take the time to learn a real debugger like DDD. Make a small
test program yourself in C, 10 lines are sufficient, then debug in inside
DDD to learn the debugerr
http://heather.cs.ucdavis.edu/~matloff/ddd.html
http://tagus.inesc-id.pt/~pestrela/ns2/ns2_debugging.html#_Toc122255042

Only then move to NS2. DDD is a very important investment to do in NS2
programming