Hi,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb:
> I am a new ns user i am trying to simulate a wireless topology using OLSR
> as a routing protocol. I need to simulate a link failure for a short
> period of time to study the reactions of OLSR to the failure
In a wireless scenario you do not have links, so you cannot shut them
down. One option is to simply move a node out of the transmission range
of another. This may become difficult for a large number of nodes. You
could also extend the node to implement something like a MAC filter so
that a node simply ignores messages from individual sources. But im not
aware of any such solution currently existing. You could also modify the
propagation model to create very specific transmission failures, e.g.
drop all packets from a specific node (node failure).

Daniel.

--
Dr.-Ing. Daniel Mahrenholz
rt-solutions.de GmbH