---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: SHA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 2:28 AM
Subject: UDP PACKET DATA EXTRACTION
To: ns-users@isi.edu

Dear All,

Can anyone kindly suggest how the user defined data can be extracted from
UDP packet using tcl commands?
I tried the following

Agent/UDP instproc process_data {from data}  {puts $data}

Agent/UDP instproc process_data {from data}  {puts data}

Agent/UDP instproc data {from data}  {puts $data}

Agent/UDP instproc data {from data}  {puts data}

The file complies properly without any errors or warnings for all these.
Everything else in the designed simulation works perfectly (animations,
calculations, etc) but just this procedure does not seem to compile as the
puts command does not work at all - nothing is printed (if no variable then
at least the string must be printed but it does not). I am in the middle of
a project where I am stuck on this simple thing. I will be grateful if
anyone of you can provide some suggestions.

Cheers!

Arisar