Hi,
 At first, I'd like to say thanks to all those who supplied me with good
resources to learn more about computer networking and telecommunications.
 I thought that sharing the answers might help others who have the same
question, so I'm going to give a brief list of resources which one can use
to learn more about some of the most important factors in network
communications.

 [1] Computer Networks 4th Ed by Andrew S. Tanenbaum , [Chapter 5, Section
5.4 Quality of Service] : I didn't read the whole book and you may find
other sections more useful, but this part of the book gave me a view of what
should I look for to get more information.Actually it gave me a lot of good
keywords to search for.

 [2] http://whatis.techtarget.com/ : It's a good IT-specific encyclopedia.
"bandwidth" , "latency" , and "data transfer rate" definitions helped me a
lot.

 [3]
http://www.spiritus-temporis.com/throughput/the-difference-between-throughput-and-latency.html:
A useful web page.

 [4] http://smutz.us/techtips/NetworkLatency.html : I found it wonderful.

 After reading these texts I got an overall understanding of the logic
behind packet transmission over a link.I think that's enought for a beginner
but If you could share more and better resources, I would be happy to read
them.

 Thanks,
 Mobin