One more thing, the step 2.0 is not needed. SUPER USER one... So please
ignore that step. The final steps are

1. install ubuntu in windows from

2. download the ns all in one file
http://sourceforge.net/projects/nsnam/files/allinone/ns-allinone-2.34/
2.1.  cd to the unzipped ns-allinone folder

3. untar (extract here) the ns-allinone-version in your home folder

4. open a terminal and enter the command *sudo apt-get install
build-essential autoconf automake libxmu-dev*

5. ./install

6. sudo apt-get install nam

7. sudo apt-get install xgraph

By the way, I think ./Validate is supposed to verify nam installation as
well (the step mentioned in the installation guide you followed), so I
wonder what was the outcome of validate installation step for you.

HTH

--

Regards,
Amna Abdul Wahid