On 08/08/2012 11:38 PM, Behnaz Bostanipour wrote:

Hello,

I successfuly installed ns2.34 on a MacOS(Lion). My Mac is a (Core i7-64bit processor).
When I execute "./validate" and these tests fail:

 (snip)

I was finally able to get ns-allinone-2.35 to build on my 64-bit OS X Mountain Lion machine (details are in another message). After doing so and running the validate script, no errors were reported. I don't have a Lion server around since it was upgraded to Mountain Lion, but I remember trying this on Lion a while back and not finding errors.

So, I am curious as to why your system sees errors in some tests.

Could you please try to run through the following steps, and if errors are reported, send me the ns-2.35 config.log and the validation report of which tests still fail? (or where the build fails, if you can't build)

start with fresh copy of ns-allinone-2.35.tar.bz2
apply the attached patch:
# cd ns-allinone-2.35
# patch -p1 -i install.osx.patch
# ./install