Hi,

Thanks to George's excellent suggestion, I spent a couple of hours last night
playing with how to program, or edit, NSB programs on the device to use HiRes.
Basically, once I'd worked out that using a form in the stub exe was a no-no, I
came up with the following which I've posted in case anyone else wants to do
this:

1) In NSB CE 8.1 on the PC create a new FORMLESS project and set the hires
aware property to true.

2) Enter the following lines of code (just three - don't you just love how
simple NSB can be :-):

Dim nsbtorun
nsbtorun = Left(CurrentPath, Len(CurrentPath)-3) & "nsb"

Chain nsbtorun,False

3) Click the triangle run button to create the ce exe file, and then copy it to
your device. By the way, it doesn't work if you set the end parameter of chain
to true.

4) Put your nsb file in the same place as the exe file on the device, and
rename one of the files so that they both have the same name, but one with an
exe, and one with an nsb, file extension.

5) Run the exe file to run the nsb code in hires, or run the nsb file to run in
standard res.

6) If you have more programs to run in hires, you can just copy and rename the
stub exe on the device and it will still work perfectly. OK, you have to use up
200k for each stub, but on a memory card these days that's not much.

7) You can now edit the nsb code as usual, but also test in hires when needed.
Once a program is finished I plan then to compile it on the PC to remove the
stub file and add resources, etc. However, when I'm developing programs, this
method allows me to do so on the device and still have hires. Maybe most people
don't use the device IDE much, but I find it invaluable for coding and making
minor edits when away from a PC.

8) As George has said, the width and height properties can be used to find out
the screen size, so as to write the code to allow for different control
layouts. I've found that I don't get just a scaled version of my controls, but
have to change the fontsize of controls, and their spacing, for it to work OK
in hires, but it isn't difficult to set the control sizes and positions at
runtime dependent on screen size.

Anyway, I hope that's useful to someone.

Best wishes,

Andrew.