Okay, the example I found didn't use output_close, instead it had what seemed
to be a form-level event handler of the 'OkClick' event, which definitely seems
to be a good way of doing it. (Before I found the example, I was wondering how
to keep track of which screen you were on when output_close was triggered.)

Here's a sample OkClick event. This dialog screen, paytypes, is used to manage
and setup one of the expense classes that are needed in order to use the main
entry to actually create an expense record.

Sub paytypes_OKClick()
    If List1p.ListCount < 1 Then

        MsgBox "You must have at least one payment type before you continue!",
vbExclamation, "Usage error"
        Exit Sub

    End If

    frmMain_show