Yes, I'm afraid I may have to punt on this as well.

Seems there isn't even an RTLMoveMemory/CopyMemory on CE anyway.  I was almost
ready to try calling WideCharToMultiByte and then MultiByteToWideChar to try
copying that buffer.  Hmm, I now see that FoldString might have worked assuming
the necessary DLL is present (Coreloc.dll?).

Thank you for the response, and for your list of those aliases.

Bob