Whilst at Newcastleton at the weekend I was playing 'Happy Hours' and got into a nerdy discussion about composers .. and I got it mixed up :) So in an attempt to clear it up and given that lots of people who were there are on this list ..

Emile Vacher who composed Happy Hours was in fact a French accordionist whose heyday was in the 1920's and 30's ( I think).

The Glaswegian fiddler who allegedly changed his name to sound more exotic/authentic/continental was in fact Parazotti (composer of The Bank's). His grandfather was Italian and had moved to Glasgow much earlier. So it might have been a resurrected family name as well..

Rob