[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
As to some of the sidelines that this debate has floated, I am reminded of a CD review a few years back in the NPS mag, of a certain group of pipers, in which the reviewer wrote something like:

"Group piping is like group sex - probably fun for the participants, but not really a spectator sport"
The remark was closer to: "Group piping is like sex - its fun if you are taking part, and you don't need to be good to enjoy it, but you do not necessarily want to listen to a recording of others doing it"

If someone answers Julia's request to write something on Ron Elliot I would be happy to add a few anecdotes and comments. I knew him at the start of the London group meetings in the late 1970s and it was a long time ago....I doubt I could offer a full article.

Ian