That's the whole point, isn't it?
There's a big difference between pipers who can play and then choose to experiment and do "naughty" things and players who just play badly and sloppily (is that a word?). I respect players who are accomplished enough to branch out and "boldly go where no piper has gone before". Bad playing is just bad playing. We can all do that - some just faster than others :-)

Colin Hill
----- Original Message ----- From: "what.me" <what...@ntlworld.com>
To: "Dartmouth NPS" <nsp@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Sunday, April 26, 2009 7:18 PM
Subject: [NSP] nps

  I seem to remember a certain well known piper who entered an open
  competition playing a simple chanter and won it.
  Running notes in is rubbish, choyting is rubbish and I would rather see
  the pipes die out if certain pipers, who are promoting this and who
  cannot play, are pulling the wool over listeners ears by showing the
  world that their playing is the way to go forward.
  Adrian